It's hard to due the area justice with a few pictures, so we'll try and upload some video.
Interesting things that happened yesterday:
- Went jogging on the beach at Mui Ne in the morning and helped some old fishermen pull their boat out of the surf. Snaggletooth grins followed.
- Were escorted through the mountains south of Phi Nom by two Vietnamese men on a moped.
- Navigated through numerous puddles, mud pits, and breaks in the pavement.
- Had awesome Pho Boc and coffee in Phi Nom. (Pictured below with the coffee shots.) The coffee was grown just south of town. We drove by a number of orchards and bean drying operations.
- Saw a Vietnamese man fall off his motorcycle in Phi Nom, just as he was starting out. Not sure what happened, but he did a cartwheel and landed on his head. No helmet. He was still dazed after we drove away.
Here is a brief video of the drive.